Friday, July 14, 2006

APEX WC2006 app - Thanks

Well, it's over... Italy won the World Cup 2006!

The APEX WC2006 application was a great success. More than 420 people subscribed for the application and a lot of them kept betting till the final.

I found it a lot of fun! It was more special to look at the games, hoping the score would be like I predicted. If 1 minute before the final whistle the other team marked a goal, I don't need to tell you what words were said ;-) It even got an other dimension when I was staying in the States and I saw the other betters... I never imagined the application would have such an impact.

I would like to thank you all for the great feedback, the feature requests (which made the application better) and for playing with us.

Some special thanks:
- to my parents, for backing me up and filling in the scores right after the end of the game!
- to Kristel Geukens from G&G Design for helping me with the lay-out of the site and supporting me.
- to Jes (John Scott) from Shellprompt for the nice cooperation, the hosting and the excellent support! Jes posted also some feedback on his blog here.

What's next?
Well, a lot of people asked for something similar for Euro 2008 and the World Cup 2010. I suppose I can't reside on that demand ;-) Maybe you'll even see something earlier...

1 comment:

SiLVeR(C)HaiR said...

Champions League, UEFA Cup, Jupiler League,...?